- The Trans-Siberian Railway is the theme for the Trans-Siberian Railway Panorama and 1900 Trans-Siberian Railway Fabergé egg.
- In the videogame Syberia the protagonist travels by train through Russia/Siberia – a clear reference to The Trans-siberian railway
- The Corto Maltese comic Corte sconta detta arcana/Corto Maltese en Sibérie has the Trans-Siberian Railway as part of the story that takes place in the Russian Revolutionary period of the 20th century.
- The cult film Horror Express starring Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Telly Savalas is set aboard the railway.
- In the play Fiddler on the Roof and the film version, Tevye’s daughter, Hodel, takes the Trans-Siberian Railway to Siberia after her fiancé is exiled there.
- A small number of German Jews and anti-Nazis used the Transsiberian to escape Europe after the start of World War II (while the Molotov Pact was in force), including the Mathematician Kurt Gödel and the mother of the actor Heinz Bernard
- The 2008 thriller Transsiberian takes place on the railway.
- The 2012 Television show “An Idiot Abroad” features Karl Pilkington (friend of actor Ricky Gervais & producer Steven Merchant) traveling the length of the railway.
Tagged with: Sample Tag
Posted in Blog